Your Forum Services

Scheduled Posts System

Admin

• This app will add a scheduled posts system to your forum where members with the appropriate permissions can schedule posts for topics to be published on a certain time/date. 
  • Admins can schedule posts for all members from the app 's settings Admin Panel. 
  • They can manage all members scheduled posts from the logs by viewing, editing and/or deleting them.
  • Members with the appropriate permissions can schedule posts from their Scheduled Posts panel. 
  • After a scheduled posts has been published members will receive a notification. 
  • Admins can see who edited and/or deleted scheduled posts from the Moderators Log page.

1acp.PNG

2settings.png

3acpadd.png

4acp.png

5edit.png

6panel.png

7addfront.png

8notification.png

9preferences.PNG

10logs.PNG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jackson said:

Thanks. It works pretty good. Several members at my forum had requested something like this since scheduled topics were added a while back.

Glad to hear that it works fine for you. Thank you for your business 😊

12 hours ago, Joey_M said:

LIKE... LIKE... LIKE... LIKE... I can't like this enough!

Can other members see that these posts are scheduled? What about general members or other team members of lower rank? Last question, what's the app price?

Admins can see all scheduled posts of all members from the Logs page of the app. There they can also search for scheduled posts by members.

Whereas other members, depending on the permissions, will be able to see only their oen scheduled posts.

The price is 20 euro. 

12 hours ago, Joey_M said:

Great job with this. 😄 

Thank you 😊

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

How are the posts stored before they go live? The post are not physical posts until they go live correct?

Yes, that is correct. Scheduled posts will appear only at the members scheduled posts area. I'have enabled it here so you can see it in action. You can click the Scheduled Posts link in the Navigation Menu.

58 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

Thank you for explaining.

You are very welcome 😊

58 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

I'd like to buy this application please.

I've sent you a pm.

11 hours ago, Joey_M said:

Would you please add in a future update the ability for the permissions to be expanded to secondary groups? i.e the app also checks for secondary user groups.

I have made a note of this for the next version. 

• Thanks 1

Hi,

It's a very interesting app. 

To open a new topic in my forum, the user needs to insert mandatory text data in fields from another app like 

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8200-template-system/

Does the app can handle this?

Can the app schedule recursive different pre-made content with different topic text for each day?

For example -

Every Sunday - date X

Every Monday - date y

Every Tuesday -date w

and so on..

Edited by jonas

3 hours ago, jonas said:

Hi,

It's a very interesting app. 

To open a new topic in my forum, the user needs to insert mandatory text data in fields from another app like 

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8200-template-system/

Does the app can handle this?

My app has nothing to do with that part. It only scheduled posts for a topic and/or topics.

3 hours ago, jonas said:

Can the app schedule recursive different pre-made content with different topic text for each day?

For example -

Every Sunday - date X

Every Monday - date y

Every Tuesday -date w

and so on..

You can schedule a post to any topic using to be published on whatever date you select. 

I've this app in use here on this forum, so you can give it a try to see how it looks like when used. You can schedule posts by clicking the Scheduled Posts link in the Navigation Bar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 2:09 PM, jonas said:

I want to create simple jobs, like automatically scheduling a post every X in hour Y
X=day
y=hour
It requires custom work i believe. Please quote me in private if you are willing to do it.

I've replied to your pm on this. 

On a side note, the app has been updated that now it checks for secondary groups permissions as well. 

I have shown this to a few of my community members. They're all impressed.

One thing that came up, is the ability to leave comments in other areas. Which, I think perhaps you might consider at a later date as an add-on to this app?

The ability to post to a database (IP.Pages) content, blogs, downloads, etc would take this to a whole new level.

If you did, I would have no problem paying for the add-on as I don't think it should be requested under this app as it stands. Yet, I think you may get a lot more sales with this and any potential add-ons. Something to pitch and think on. 🙂 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Joey_M said:

I have shown this to a few of my community members. They're all impressed.

One thing that came up, is the ability to leave comments in other areas. Which, I think perhaps you might consider at a later date as an add-on to this app?

The ability to post to a database (IP.Pages) content, blogs, downloads, etc would take this to a whole new level.

If you did, I would have no problem paying for the add-on as I don't think it should be requested under this app as it stands. Yet, I think you may get a lot more sales with this and any potential add-ons. Something to pitch and think on. 🙂 

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. Right now I don't have a license for the blogs and the pages, but I've made a note of this for later on when I will upgrade my license. 

And you are right, that would best done as a stand alone as it can't be added in the current add on.

• Thanks 1

Do you use a cron job here?

As I mentioned, I set up some posts and it worked flawlessly. Then after I updated the app, where the task ran every 10 minutes. It suddenly stopped.

Now, I have to do it manually for it to work.

I tried setting up a cronjob to see if this could make it work more reliable, it seems to be setup as the tasks run but nothing goes live. I have change the method to run against the traffic but still nothing. 😞 

9 hours ago, Joey_M said:

Do you use a cron job here?

As I mentioned, I set up some posts and it worked flawlessly. Then after I updated the app, where the task ran every 10 minutes. It suddenly stopped.

Now, I have to do it manually for it to work.

I tried setting up a cronjob to see if this could make it work more reliable, it seems to be setup as the tasks run but nothing goes live. I have change the method to run against the traffic but still nothing. 😞 

Yes, the app makes use of the Task Manager and it adds its own task. At your request, I've sent you another package where the task runs every 5 minutes. Is that when the task stopped running for you?

• Like 1

No, the previous version, as you mentioned, it's something with my set-up. It's just strange how it stopped working. I did wonder if the 'Live Topics' interfered with it, as I did notice it stopped after I had set a discussion live. Yet, I think that's more a coincidence.