Your Forum Services

Advanced Fake Members Online System

Admin

Description:

• This app will allow the admins to add fake members in the online list. When you add a fake member online, you can also add the number of minutes that you want that particular member to be online. A task will run every half hour to remove the expired fake sessions from the online list. This can be very useful for start up forums as well as for those forums where there is not much activity. It will make the forum look busy and it might attract new users and boost the activity.
  • To keep things real, fake members will appear to read random topics, which they are allowed to view permission wise. You can select a certain forum or forums, whose topics you do not want to be showed up as being read from the fake members in the online list.
  • You can view all fake members that have been added to the online list at the app 's log page. 

1acp.PNG

2acp.PNG

3acp.PNG

4online.PNG

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 12:53 AM, IPB said:

Hello,

It doesn't works on my forum... 

It says "You must enter a numeric value."

Regards,

Hello,

How are you entering the name of the member that you want to add online? Are you entering their id? The correct way is to simply type the uername. Hope it helps.

6 minutes ago, IPB said:

Ow, I need to create the user on the forum before, not possible to just put name ?

Yes, the member must exist first. i.e. they should be registered as the app pulls the fake members from the member base.

7 minutes ago, IPB said:

PS : Possible to update plugin to schedule session every x hours/days ?

It's not possible in the current version.

4 minutes ago, IPB said:

It works on your plugin with created user, but not in the forum 😕

I am not sure that I understodd what you meant. Can you please elaborate a little more on this?

When I open list of online members :

TypeError: htmlspecialchars(): Argument #1 ($string) must be of type string, array given (0)
#0 /home/system/Session/Front.php(581): htmlspecialchars()
#1 /home/applications/core/modules/front/online/online.php(59): IPS\Session\_Front::getLocation()
#2 /home/applications/core/sources/Online/Table.php(127): IPS\core\modules\front\online\_online->IPS\core\modules\front\online\{closure}()
#3 /home/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(504): IPS\core\Online\_Table->getRows()
#4 /home/applications/core/modules/front/online/online.php(108): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#5 /home/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\online\_online->manage()
#6 /home/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Edited by IPB

No error in online tab, I add a fake member, it works on "Who's online" but error in online tab...

If I delete the false member, the problem disappears... 😕 

PS : I've tried again, perfectly added in logs of the plugin and no error now but no fake member on who's online  😅

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 18.44.42.png

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 18.44.24.png

Edited by IPB

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi @Admin

1.Useful feature will be if the fake members can do some task, like adding a generic replays, or adding reactions (thanks/like/etc) to first posts messages.

2.Can i fake guest members as well?

Edited by jonas

52 minutes ago, jonas said:

Hi @Admin

1.Useful feature will be if the fake members can do some task, like adding a generic replays, or adding reactions (thanks/like/etc) to first posts messages.

Hi,

They appear as reading topics. You can't have them performing other tasks as liking posts or replying because if they will log in for real it will be game up if they realise stuff has been done on their names.

54 minutes ago, jonas said:

2.Can i fake guest members as well?

No, guests are not included in this app. I can code a new app for you though to add fake guests for a fee. Please contact me in private if you are interested.